Forumista esperto
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito Krugman: una guerra per rilanciare l'economia americana

Watch GPS: Krugman calls for space aliens to fix U.S. economy?

On GPS this week, we explore the most important topic (the economy) with the most important economic voices. Fareed Zakaria talks to Nobel Prize winner Paul Krugman and Former IMF Chief Economist Ken Rogoff.

The show also turns a myth on its head. China’s not doing the U.S. a favor by buying its Treasury Bonds - the pleasure is very much China’s. We’ll explain.

All that, plus a fascinating look at America’s fractured relationship with Pakistan with the journalist Ahmed Rashid, and a smart, macro look at the London riots with two top British thinkers.

But first, why does Paul Krugman say space aliens could fix the U.S. economy? Here's an edited excerpt of what he and Ken Rogoff had to say:

Ken Rogoff: Infrastructure spending, if it were well-spent, that's great. I'm all for that. I'd borrow for that, assuming we're not paying Boston Big Dig kind of prices for the infrastructure.

Fareed Zakaria: But even if you were, wouldn't John Maynard Keynes say that if you could employ people to dig a ditch and then fill it up again, that's fine, they're being productively employed, they'll pay taxes, so maybe Boston's Big Dig was just fine after all.

Paul Krugman: Think about World War II, right? That was actually negative social product spending, and yet it brought us out.

I mean, probably because you want to put these things together, if we say, "Look, we could use some inflation." Ken and I are both saying that, which is, of course, anathema to a lot of people in Washington but is, in fact, what basic logic says.

It's very hard to get inflation in a depressed economy. But if you had a program of government spending plus an expansionary policy by the Fed, you could get that. So, if you think about using all of these things together, you could accomplish a great deal.

If we discovered that space aliens were planning to attack and we needed a massive buildup to counter the space alien threat and really inflation and budget deficits took secondary place to that, this slump would be over in 18 months. And then if we discovered, oops, we made a mistake, there aren't any aliens, we'd be better –

Ken Rogoff: And we need Orson Welles, is what you're saying.

Paul Krugman: No, there was a Twilight Zone episode like this in which scientists fake an alien threat in order to achieve world peace. Well, this time...we need it in order to get some fiscal stimulus.

Watch GPS: Krugman calls for space aliens to fix U.S. economy? – Global Public Square - CNN.com Blogs

Parla di invasione aliena ma il concetto è lo stesso.
    Dannato Barone Rosso.

Missiroli Presidente
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito Rif: Krugman: una guerra per rilanciare l'economia americana

hefico:
    Figliolo, lei è un asino...
    (D.Pastorelli, cit.)

Forumista assiduo
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh no... non gli alieni. Sono terrorizzato dal concetto di invasione aliena, quella non me la devono poi fare... se un giorno mi sveglio e sui telegiornali ci sono i dischi volanti sopra alle città americane è la volta buona che mi prende un coccolone. In alternativa mi si potrebbe vedere in giro per la città con un pezzo di cartone con su scritto 'Pentitevi, la fine è vicina'.
    Quella non me la devono davvero fare.

email non funzionante
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    1255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Se ci fosse un premio all' IMBECILLITA Krugman lo vincerebbe senz'altro.

Quelli come lui NON HA COMPRESO UN CONCETTO BASILARE.

Le recessioni CI SONO SEMPRE STATE e sempre ci SARANNO.

Ogni tentativo di evitarne il corso recessiso pompando centinaia di miliardi di dollari E' SEMPLICEMENTE INUTILE E DANNOSO.

Siccome i politicanti hanno il problema delle elezioni ecco che arriva qualche "economista illuminato" come lui o come Keneys (un altro idiota) con la ricetta della spesa pubblica a go-go !!

Se ti viene il raffreddore e la febbre INUTILE IMBOTTIRTI di medicinali, devi aspettare che faccia il suo corso......la recessione produce morti e feriti, azzerra gli eccessi, decreta quale aziende hanno un business vincente e quali perdente......e' una tendenza darwiniana, dolorosa ma necessaria.
    Se ci cerca di alterare questa realta si producono danni incalcolabili e rimedi peggiori del male.

Forumista storico
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahahahaahhahahahahah, Krugman vuole stampare altra carta straccia, e per giustificarlo ha bisogno persino degli alieni

Bisogna fermare la FED, o faranno esplodere la Cina, la Germania e i prezzi delle commodities esportando inflazione, e a quel punto non ce ne sarà più per nessuno ...

L'errore è stato a monte, nel mega-bailout. Bisognava forse fare come la Malaysia, e ristrutturare brutalmente le banche lasciando fallire i cani morti.
    Ultima modifica di Manfr; 18-08-11 alle 19:54

Сардиния
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

...Yeah ...sighibila, sighi