Risultati da 1 a 9 di 9
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Psicopatici in uniforme

Poliziotto americano ferma una famiglia che viaggia in auto, li ammanetta e ammazza il loro cane con una fucilata!

As family shrieks, police kill dog
    by CNN Wed Jan 8 207:12 PST 2003

COOKEVILLE, Tennessee (CNN) -- Police video released Wednesday showed a North Carolina family kneeling and handcuffed, who shrieked as officers killed their dog -- which appeared to be playfully wagging its tail -- with a shotgun during a traffic stop.

The Smoak family was pulled over the evening of January 1 on Interstate 40 in eastern Tennessee by officers who mistakenly suspected them of a carjacking. An investigation showed James Smoak had simply left his wallet on the roof of his car at a gas station, and motorists who saw his money fly off the car as he drove away called police.

The family was driving through eastern Tennessee on their way home from a New Year's trip to Nashville. They told CNN they are in the process of retaining a lawyer and considering legal action against the Cookeville, Tennessee, Police Department and the Tennessee Highway Patrol for what happened to them and their dog.

In the video, released by the THP, officers are heard ordering the family, one by one, to get out of their car with their hands up. James Smoak and his wife, Pamela, and 17-year-old son Brandon are ordered onto their knees and handcuffed.

"What did I do?" James Smoak asks the officers.

"Sir, inside information is that you was involved in some type of robbery in Davidson County," the unidentified officer says.

Smoak and his wife protest incredulously, telling the officers that they are from South Carolina and that their mother and father-in-law are traveling in another car alongside them.

The Smoaks told CNN that as they knelt, handcuffed, they pleaded with officers to close the doors of their car so their two dogs would not escape, but the officers did not heed them.

Pamela Smoak is seen on the tape looking up at an officer, telling him slowly, "That dog is not mean. He won't hurt you."

Her husband says, "I got a dog in the car. I don't want him to jump out."

The tape then shows the Smoak's medium-size brown dog romping on the shoulder of the Interstate, its tail wagging. As the family yells, the dog, named Patton, first heads away from the road, then quickly circles back toward the family.

An officer in a blue uniform aims his shotgun at the dog and fires at its head, killing it immediately.

For several moments, all that is audible are shrieks as the family reacts to the shooting. James Smoak even stands up, but officers pull him back down.

"Y'all shot my dog! Y'all shot my dog!" James Smoak cries. "Oh my God! God Almighty!"

"You shot my dog!" screams his wife, distraught and still handcuffed. "Why'd you kill our dog?"

"Jesus, tell me, why did y'all shoot my dog?" James Smoak says.

The officers bring him to the patrol car, and the family calms down, but still they ask the officers for an explanation. One of them says Patton was "going after" the officer.

"No he wasn't, man," James Smoak says. "Y'all didn't have to kill the dog like that."

Brandon told CNN Patton, was playful and gentle -- "like Scooby-Doo" -- and may have simply gone after the beam of the flashlight as he often did at home, when Brandon and the dog would play.

The Tennessee Department of Safety, which oversees the Highway Patrol, has said an investigation is under way.

Cookeville Police Chief Robert Terry released a statement on the department's Web site Wednesday night describing the department's regret over the incident.

"I know the officer wishes that circumstances could have been different so he could have prevented shooting the dog," Terry wrote. "It is never gratifying to have to put an animal down, especially a family pet, and the officer assures me that he never displayed any satisfaction in doing so."

Terry said he and the vice-mayor of Cookeville met with the family before they left "to convey our deepest sympathies" for the loss of their dog.

"No one wants to experience this kind of thing, and it's very unfortunate that it occurred," he wrote. "If we had the benefit of hindsight, I'm sure some -- if not all of this -- could have been avoided. I believe the Tennessee Highway Patrol feels the same way."

The department is conducting an investigation to determine what, if anything, could have been done differently, he said. Police also plan to be in contact with the Smoak family, Terry said.

The Smoaks buried their pet at home. A white cross marks the grave.

Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito Lavoratore in sciopero ucciso da auto polizia

Un lavoratore della General Electric è stato investito e ucciso da un'auto della polizia mentre manifestava contro i costi sanitari troppo alti.

GE Strike: Picketer Killed by Police Officer

Thousands of General Electric Co. workers went on strike Tuesday to protest higher out-of-pocket health costs, even as they mourned the death of a picket struck by a police car.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. - Thousands of General Electric Co. workers went on strike Tuesday to protest higher out-of-pocket health costs, even as they mourned the death of a picket struck by a police car.

The two-day strike — the first national walkout at GE since 1969 — officially began at 12:01 a.m. Tuesday at plants that manufacture everything from consumer appliances to jet engines.

But just hours later, Kjeston "Michelle" Rodgers, 40, was hit outside a GE plant in Louisville as the eight-year employee walked with a picket sign before daybreak. The car was from the police department in nearby Hollow Creek, officials said.

"The lady was out here doing something she believed in," said Dave Riddle, who was picketing at the same plant. "Rising health care in America is putting the crunch on everybody, and it cost her her life."

A U.S. flag was lowered to half-staff outside the local union hall, and the union distributed black armbands to picketing workers. Striking workers signed sympathy cards for her family.

"Everyone at GE extends our heartfelt sympathy to the family," said GE spokesman Gary Sheffer. "We're deeply saddened by this tragic accident."

Union leaders said about 20,000 members of the International Union of Electronic Workers/Communications Workers of America and the Electrical Workers union took part in the walkout at 48 locations in 23 states.

Sheffer said about 17,500 employees were involved. He said the walkout was affecting operations at plants across the nation, but GE was meeting the needs of its customers.

GE recently raised certain co-payments for employees participating in a health care plan by about $200 per employee. Since 1999, GE's health care costs have risen 45 percent, to $1.4 billion in 2002, the company said.

Union officials said that the co-pay increases will cost the average worker an additional $300 to $400 a year and that GE is posting record profits and does not need additional payments from employees.

"We're letting GE know that we've had enough," said Dave Ehrler, a 33-year GE employee who picketed outside the Louisville plant. "They pushed too far and it's time to start pushing back a little bit."

A few hundred pickets were bundled up under cold sunshine Tuesday morning outside the GE Power Systems plant in Schenectady, N.Y., and the nearby union hall. One group walked, some with picket signs, beneath a big inflatable rat.

"Those people in 1966 and 1969 suffered the cold to pave the way for our future. Now we need to pave the way for our children's future," said Carmen DePoalo, business agent for IUE Local 301.

Workers said the walkout showed the union's resolve heading into negotiations for a contract to replace one that expires in mid-June. Some workers predicted they would be back on picket lines later in the year.

"This is just a warm-up for what's coming," said Gary Boggs, who picketed outside the Louisville plant. "I think it's going to be ugly."

Boggs, who takes seven different medications for diabetes and arthritis, said the higher co-payments would cost him an extra $800 a year in prescription costs.

Striking workers noted that GE has posted robust profits. They also bristled at the lavish pension being paid to former GE chairman Jack Welch.

"One man's pension would have paid for all the union members' medical increases," Boggs said.

Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito

G8: ATTIVISTA CADE NEL VUOTO, SCONTRI E CORTEI

GINEVRA/LOSANNA - Un'azione di protesta non violenta contro il vertice del G8 ha sfiorato il dramma nei pressi di Losanna (Svizzera) dove l'intervento della polizia ha fatto precipitare da un ponte autostradale Martin Shaw, attivista britannico di 39 anni, ora ricoverato in ospedale.
    L'incidente si e' svolto mentre tra Annemasse (Francia) e Ginevra (Svizzera) decine di migliaia di persone - piu' di 100 mila secondo gli organizzatori - manifestavano contro il G8, in un clima misto di calma e tensione. Una tensione alimentata anche dalle vere e proprie scene di guerriglia urbana tra 'casseurs' e polizia, la notte scorsa a Ginevra, questa mattina a Losanna e la vigilia ad Annemasse. E poi ancora nel dopo-manifestazione stasera a Ginevra con nuovi disordini tra frange estremiste del movimento no-global e forze dell'ordine. Ginevra e Losanna appaiono ferite dalle violenze che le hanno imbrattate.

POLIZIA AMMETTE RESPONSABILITA' FERIMENTO ATTIVISTA - Martin Shaw e' ora ricoverato all'ospedale di Losanna con fratture e contusioni. Dovrebbe riprendersi presto. Ma per alcune ore si era temuto che, ancora una volta come due anni fa a Genova, la morte avesse appuntamento con le manifestazioni degli anti-G8. L'incidente - ha ammesso la polizia - e' stato causato dal taglio da parte di un agente della fune con la quale Martin si era sospeso al ponte per sbarrare la strada alle delegazioni ufficiali che si recavano al vertice di Evian, via Losanna. La corda era stata tesa da una parte all'altra del ponte autostradale sul fiume Aubonne, sulla Ginevra-Losanna. Martin ed una sua compagna erano aggrappati alla corda, ognuno ad una estremita', e sospesi nel vuoto quando un poliziotto, senza rendersi conto delle circostanze, ha tagliato la fune. Martin e' precipitato nelle acque poco profonde dell'Aubonne dopo un salto di circa vetri metri. La donna e' stata salvata dal riflesso delle persone presenti che hanno trattenuto la fune. All'alba e in mattinata altre azioni per ostacolare l'accesso delle delegazioni ufficiali al vertice si erano svolte sui quattro ponti della citta' di Ginevra e sullo svincolo stradale al nord di Annemmasse.

MANIFESTAZIONE PACIFICA, MA CASSEURS IN AZIONE - La notizia dell'incidente di Aubonne, ed anche le voci sulla presunta morte del manifestante, hanno raggiunto anche Heidi Giuliani che insieme a circa 100mila persone giunte da tutta Europa ha partecipato alla manifestazione transfrontaliera partita contemporaneamente da Annemasse (Francia) e da Ginevra prima di ricongiungersi alla frontiera. Una manifestazione allegra e variegata nelle sue rivendicazioni e nella sua composizione. Sui manifesti si potevano leggere numerosi slogan contro 'l'occupazione in Iraq'' e contro Bush. La manifestazione - autorizzata, sorvegliata da un imponente ma discreto dispositivo di sicurezza e da un 'servizio d'ordine' degli organizzatori - si e' svolta senza incidenti. Ma i 'casseurs' o 'black blocs' erano presenti anche loro. Il volto coperto, sono entrati in azione fracassando vetri, danneggiando edifici e saccheggiando un distributore di benzina. Parlavano piu' lingue e sono stati fischiati a piu' riprese dagli stessi manifestanti.

DISORDINI ANCHE A LOSANNA - Anche a Losanna - la citta' di fronte ad Evian (Francia) da dove in battello sono partite le delegazioni dei 'piccoli' invitati al dialogo dei 'Grandi' - scene di guerriglia con vetrine sfondate e cassonetti in fiamme hanno caratterizzato l'odierna giornata. La polizia e' intervenuta con gas lacrimogeni e nel pomeriggio ha investito il campeggio dei no-global prelevando con la forza centinaia di giovani, trasportatati poi con la forza al posto di polizia ''per una verifica d'identita'''. Si segnalano inoltre piu' arresti. A Ginevra, a Losanna, ma anche a Berna numerose voci, tra autorita' e no-global, si sono alzate per condannare i gravi danni causati dai 'black blocs' e dai 'casseurs' nelle citta' che si erano inutilmente blindate per l'occasione. I danni sarebbero notevoli soprattutto a Ginevra dove, gia' la notte scorsa centinaia di 'casseurs' erano entrati in azione nelle strade del centro danneggiando e sacheggiando numerosi negozi ed edifici. Ad Evian, tuttavia, i leader del G8 non hanno avuto modo di udire l'urlo di Martin Shaw mentre precipitava nel vuoto frantumandosi le ossa, ne' vi e' giunto il fumo dei cassonetti in fiamme o quello dei gas lacrimogeni lanciati dalla polizia.
    01/06/2003 202

agitatore elettronico
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito

Io ho sempre avuto le netta impressione che dietro i bei princìpi liberali, i sostenitori dell'ordine attuale avessero una segreta ammirazione per Pinochet e per i metodi applicati da simili assassini. Ora, dopo molti anni dalla caduta del comunismo, questo loro animo autoritario e cinico sta prepotentemente uscendo allo scoperto.

Per esempio, all'università, i professori "liberali" dovevano un tempo mantenere un certo buon "rapporto di vicinato" con i colleghi marxisti o comunque anticapitalisti, e con gli studenti ideologicamente orientati in questo senso. Ora, dopo l'assalto dei liberal/liberisti all'accademia, noto che tali professori non si fanno più molti problemi nel dire quel che pensano. E spesso si avverte in loro una decisa ammirazione verso metodi repressivi brutali contro i manifestanti.

Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito

Poliziotti razzisti, scandalo in Galles

22/10 19:28

Un video girato di nascosto dalla Bbc è costato il posto a cinque poliziotti del Galles, di Manchester e del Cheshire, e la sospensione per altri due. L'accusa è di razzismo. Il filmato mostra uno degli agenti con indosso un cappuccio bianco del Ku Klux Klan, che si lascia andare a dichiarazioni razziste. Analoghe le affermazioni degli altri sei poliziotti coinvolti Il ministro dell'Interno, Blunkett, ha definito l'episodio "orrendo".

----------------------------------------------------------------------

LONDON (Reuters) - Five policemen exposed in a BBC documentary on racism within the ranks have resigned and three others have been suspended, police say.

Three officers from Greater Manchester resigned on Wednesday after initially being suspended and one resigned from Cheshire.

" We are shocked and appalled by the racist views shown in this programme "-Home Office
    In North Wales, PC Robert Pulling stood down after an undercover reporter filmed him apparently saying Adolf Hitler had the "right idea" but the wrong methods.

"I felt physically sick as I watched," Clive Wolfendale, Acting Deputy Constable of North Wales Police, told a news conference. "Pulling has shamed his colleagues, his uniform and the service."

North Wales Police said it had accepted Pulling's resignation and had suspended another officer. Greater Manchester Police said three officers had resigned and another two were still suspended.

The documentary, secretly filmed by a BBC reporter who enlisted in the police, showed one trainee wearing a Ku Klux Klan-style hood and threatening to harass a British Asian recruit.

Police chiefs have fought to win back public trust after an inquiry branded London police "institutionally racist" over their failed investigation into the 1993 murder of black teenager Stephen Lawrence.

Prime Minister Tony Blair said at the time that the report highlighted a problem across British society.

On Wednesday, the government repeated its commitment to root out racism in all forces.

"We are shocked and appalled by the racist views shown in this programme," a Home Office spokesman said. "All allegations of racism are taken extremely seriously."

Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito Uccisero tunisino, condannati tre carabinieri

La Corte di assise di Roma ha condannato a 11 anni di carcere al maresciallo Beniamino D'Auria ed ai carabinieri Marco Sepe e Angelo Saldamarco, in servizio nella stazione di Ladispoli, per l'omicidio di Eddine Imed Bouabid, un tunisino di 37 anni.
    Bouabid la sera del 15 marco 2001 fu fermato dai carabinieri nel centro della cittadina balneare. Mezz'ora dopo fi ritrovato col cranio fracassato ai margini della corsia sud dell'autostrada A12.

In prima istanza i militari erano stati assolti dall'accusa di omicidio dalla seconda sezione della corte d'Assise di Roma e condannati ad una lieve pena per il solo reato di abbandono d'incapace, per aver fatto scendere dall'auto di servizio l'uomo nonostante fosse palesemente ubriaco.(red)

Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Cincinnati (Ohio): picchiato a morte da due poliziotti

Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito Papua: la polizia spara sugli studenti, 3 morti

Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito Due minorenni incensurati morti per scappare dalla polizia

Parigi, scontri dopo la morte accidentale di due minorenni inseguiti dalla polizia senza alcuna ragione.

http://www.ansa.it/main/notizie/fdg/...920219029.html