Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Si parla inglese??

Ciao a tutti!!

I was just wondering if anyone here speaks English??

I am from Australia, and as you can imagine, we do not hear much about European politics here. I also subscribe to the MGP-Padania, but hardly anyone seems to speak English there.

However, I have still managed to follow European politics quite closely, particularly Italian politics. I think both Bossi and Fini have made good progress, but Berlusconni is a bit of a worry...

I was hoping to find out a few things about the notion of 'Padania' and Lega Nord:

- I understand that Padania takes in Northern Italy, but what are the historical foundations of Padania??

- Are Italians from the Padania area different from Italians from the rest of Italy??

- Would it be possible for me to join Lega Nord/MGP, from Australia?? As a person of Italian ancestry, I would like to beomce involved with some aspect of Italian politics, more than just on the internet. Is this possible??

Any help/information would be greatly appreciate.

email non funzionante
    Per non lottare ci saranno sempre moltissimi pretesti in ogni circostanza, ma mai in ogni circostanza e in ogni epoca si potrà avere la libertà senza la lotta!
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito Re: Si parla inglese??

In origine postato da Apollyon
    Ciao a tutti!!

I was just wondering if anyone here speaks English??

I am from Australia, and as you can imagine, we do not hear much about European politics here. I also subscribe to the MGP-Padania, but hardly anyone seems to speak English there.

However, I have still managed to follow European politics quite closely, particularly Italian politics. I think both Bossi and Fini have made good progress, but Berlusconni is a bit of a worry...

I was hoping to find out a few things about the notion of 'Padania' and Lega Nord:

- I understand that Padania takes in Northern Italy, but what are the historical foundations of Padania??

- Are Italians from the Padania area different from Italians from the rest of Italy??

- Would it be possible for me to join Lega Nord/MGP, from Australia?? As a person of Italian ancestry, I would like to beomce involved with some aspect of Italian politics, more than just on the internet. Is this possible??

Any help/information would be greatly appreciate.

1- historical foundations of Padania: too long to translate here and now, stay tuned

2 - Italians are from italy, Padanians are from Padany and padanian ancestors: this is the difference (quite clear I suppose)

3 - This webforum isn't linked in any way with Lega Nord or MGP: concerning your "application" maybe it would be useful to get in touch with the "right contacts" at
    www.leganord.org
    or
    http://www.giovanipadani.leganord.org/

piemonteis downunder
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito

G'day mate!

You'll find that we are all a bit biased here, in favour or against
    the LNP's current political line. Mostly against, I suspect, at least
    those who truly believed in the possibility of achieving political
    independence and are now feeling disappointed that the original goals
    have been massively downsized or betrayed.

But I think we more or less agree on what the differences between Padania
    (also called Northern Italy) and Italy (meaning Southern Italy) are.
    And I'm sure we also agree that, as a dinkum Padanian from downunder,
    you're very welcome to join our discussions here.

What can you do? Well, for a start perhaps you could help us translate
    some articles and other stuff, answering the questions you asked
    about the historical foundations of Padania for example.
    (Can you speak or read italian?). That's hard yakka.
    I never had time to do it, too busy at work.

Also, we should all keep our eyes open on the next general elections
    (whenever they are)... it'll be interesting to see how the "foreign" candidates
    are selected, how the electoral campaign is conducted in Australia,
    how the italian embassy will try to pull the strings and influence the vote.

Feel free to drop me a line at roberto@mso.anu.edu.au

Whereabouts in Australia do you live?

Nuovo Iscritto
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito

G'day Roberto!!

It's great to be able to speak to a fellow Aussie about these matters!!

I am Sydney born and bred

What originally drew me to Lega Nord I suppose was what I had read about their policies, particularly in relation to immigration, which is also a pertinent topic in Australia and indeed all Western countries. Only after learning about LN did I find out about this concept of Padania, but unfortunately the websites of LN and MGP are all in Italian, so that limited how much I could learn about Padania (I do understand some Italian, but only from what I have learnt at school - my mother is Italian - from Milan - and father from Croatia, so we speak English at home). But I prefer to think of myself as Italian!! (well, maybe Padanian if I can find out more!!)

I did not know that most people on this list are against LN...I was aware that LN had dropped its official position on seceding Northern Italy, but I did not know it caused so much concern. Sadly, because of majoritarian politics and the fact that Southern Italians outnumber Northern Italians, I do not feel that people from Northern Italy will be able to vote themselves out of Italy and become a Padanian state. However, I must confess to being pretty uninformed on the more intricate matters of Italian politics, so I may be wrong.

Also, when governments are formed by coalitions, there must always be compromises and watering down of policy. SO then you must ask whether it is better for a party to achieve some of their goals and help form government; or whether it is better to stick to your policy, no ifs no buts, and most likely end up in opposition.

Just on the differences between people of Padania and (Southern) Italy, does this have anything to do with the fact that Northern Italy was settled by the Celts, going way back?? What puzzles me is the fact that Padanians and Italians both speak the same leanguage.

Also, where would people from central Italy (eg Rome) fit in?? How would they be characterised??

I would be honoured to translate articles and the lke, however as I said before my Italian is really not that up to scratch. Perhaps you could direct to some articles that you were thinking of translating and I could see??

Yes, the next general elections wil be most interesting, given the vote of Italians in the world. Do you think that the Italians here will vote the same as in Italy, or different. A mate of mine was telling me that most of the Italians here are Communists!!

Anyway, thanx for getting back to me so promptly

I'll drop you a line at your ANU address....I take it you live in Canberra then??

Cheers,

John

Nuovo Iscritto
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito

Not too many English speakers then??

Veneta sempre itagliana mai
    '' E' in gran parte merito di Luca Cordero di Montezemolo se la Juventus non si rivolse ai tribunali ordinari '' (Joseph S. Blatter - Presidente F.I.F.A. - Dicembre 2007)
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Predefinito

In origine postato da Apollyon
    Not too many English speakers then??

http://www.politicaonline.net/forum/...s=&forumid=116

email non funzionante
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito

[QUOTE]In origine postato da Apollyon
    Hi, Apollyon!

I am very surprised at reading that somebody born and grown-up in Australia is interested in our patriotic issues.

What originally drew me to Lega Nord I suppose was what I had read about their policies, particularly in relation to immigration, which is also a pertinent topic in Australia and indeed all Western countries. Only after learning about LN did I find out about this concept of Padania

* As you can perhaps see and understand from my website, I candidated for the Lega Nord at the past Regional Elections (the whole coalition was not successful). In my understanding, the keypoint of the original politics of the LN war establishing the consciousness among the citizen of the Northern Part of the Italian Republic, that their history and identity was much different from that of the South, of the proper Italy. Above all, many people still share the view that Padania works in order to keep the South alive. I live in Trieste, which belonged to Austria from 1382 to 1918 and share the views of the LN (at least those traditionally belonging to it) that at least some form of Federalism, including fiscal federalism, should be implemented, in order to allow the North to profit from the work and honesty of its citizen and to oblige the South to learn what do productive work and paying taxes mean.
    My personal opinion to the issue of immigration control, is that Italy has a fair regulation on this matter (Bossi-Fini Law, mainly promoted by Mr. Bossi), but it is poorly enforced, due to the hostility of many Parties, including some supporting the Governement Coalition.

, but unfortunately the websites of LN and MGP are all in Italian, so that limited how much I could learn about Padania (I do understand some Italian, but only from what I have learnt at school - my mother is Italian - from Milan - and father from Croatia, so we speak English at home).

* Do you know the World Wide Forum of Political on line?

But I prefer to think of myself as Italian!! (well, maybe Padanian if I can find out more!!)

* According to what you write about yr parents, you are son of a Padanian father and, concerning your mother, which part of Croatia does she come from? But, to my understanding, you should not be classified as "Itaglian"

I did not know that most people on this list are against LN...I was aware that LN had dropped its official position on seceding Northern Italy, but I did not know it caused so much concern.

* As explained before, to many of us it still means the most important political issue of the Lega Nord.

Sadly, because of majoritarian politics and the fact that Southern Italians outnumber Northern Italians

* It depends on where you draw the border. If it is drawn, roughly speaking, between florence and Rome, there are more Padanians than "Terronians"

, I do not feel that people from Northern Italy will be able to vote themselves out of Italy and become a Padanian state. However, I must confess to being pretty uninformed on the more intricate matters of Italian politics, so I may be wrong.

* wait and see, maybe we will not see it, but we must do something for the next generation.

Also, when governments are formed by coalitions, there must always be compromises and watering down of policy. SO then you must ask whether it is better for a party to achieve some of their goals and help form government; or whether it is better to stick to your policy, no ifs no buts, and most likely end up in opposition.

* I feel that compromise has gone much too far.

Just on the differences between people of Padania and (Southern) Italy, does this have anything to do with the fact that Northern Italy was settled by the Celts, going way back??

* It is one of the main issues

What puzzles me is the fact that Padanians and Italians both speak the same leanguage.

* Maybe they write it, even then you will recognize the differences. before Gallia Cisalpina (=Padania) was conquered by the Romans, languages were much different.

Also, where would people from central Italy (eg Rome) fit in?? How would they be characterised??

* see above

Cheers,

Mitteleuropeo

Permessi di Scrittura

• Tu non puoi inviare nuove discussioni
  • Tu non puoi inviare risposte
  • Tu non puoi inviare allegati
  • Tu non puoi modificare i tuoi messaggi
  •  
[Rilevato AdBlock]

Per accedere ai contenuti di questo Forum con AdBlock attivato
devi registrarti gratuitamente ed eseguire il login al Forum.

Per registrarti, disattiva temporaneamente l'AdBlock e dopo aver
fatto il login potrai riattivarlo senza problemi.

Se non ti interessa registrarti, puoi sempre accedere ai contenuti disattivando AdBlock per questo sito