Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito schiavi dei negri

Robert Redding Jr., Washington Times, Sep. 30

ANNAPOLIS—Black “slave traders” yesterday marched white “slaves” in chains from the City Dock around the downtown area in a procession aimed at fostering racial harmony.

Dubbed “A Slavery Reconciliation Walk of Penitence and Forgiveness,” the event had 24 participants—11 of whom were children. It attracted about 150 spectators, according to city police Chief Joseph S. Johnson.

“I am a descendant of a slave owner, and I thought this would be a way of acknowledging the injustice and for others to see that I am truly sorry for the actions of my forefathers,” said a tearful Carol Palmer, 38, a Virginia resident who was confined in a yoke with three other white persons.

Geoff Sadler of Liverpool, England, agreed with Miss Palmer as he made his way around town draped in chains.

“For me, personally, I have always been angered by injustice,” said Mr. Sadler, 43.

The event was sponsored by the Kunta Kinte-Alex Haley Foundation and Lifeline Expedition, a London-based nonprofit group that aims to reconcile Africa with countries that benefited from the trans-Atlantic slave trade. Lifeline has held similar events in several European cities.

Leonard A. Blackshear, president of the Kunta Kinte-Alex Haley Foundation and a local coordinator for the walk, said he was “very pleased at the turnout,” even though the event drew far fewer than the 500 to 1,000 spectators his organization had expected.

The reconciliation walkers were met by about 10 counterdemonstrators with signs mocking their effort, reading “Kill dem racist white mans” and “kill dem evil white crackers.”

“We are not representing any group. We are just exercising our constitutional right to protest,” said a counterdemonstrator who did not identify himself.

Meanwhile, the National Alliance, a white supremacist group, distributed handbills blaming Lifeline Expedition for defending “riots and black-on-white crime,” being in “favor of affirmative action and monetary reparations” and being “hateful and destructive to white people everywhere.”

“They have a right to be here and have their viewpoint expressed,” Mr. Blackshear said. “This is America.”

No clashes or arrests were reported.

Some residents with homes along the walk route said they were shocked at the sight of whites playing the part of slaves.

“I am very conflicted,” said Nan Farmer. “It was a strong presentation as they came by, but I really felt it should have been enacted by African-Americans instead of whites … I think it would have had a better impact if it had been blacks.”

Sara Wangsness, who owns Sara-Beth’s Bed & Breakfast, said the walk was “interesting.”

“I think forgiveness is a good thing,” she said.

The City Council voted in July to waive all permit fees to help the planners defray the cost of the walk, which was scheduled to coincide with the date in 1767 that Kunta Kinte, the enslaved ancestor of “Roots” author Alex Haley, arrived at the port in Annapolis.

The participants began at City Dock, where a statue of Mr. Haley stands, and ended at Lawyers Mall in front of the State House.

Annapolis is the first of 10 East Coast cities to hold the event, which also will be held in Baltimore; Boston; Newport, R.I.; New York; Charleston, S.C.; and Richmond, according to the group’s Web site, www.lifelineexpedition.co.uk.
    The Roots of Reconciliation

Christian Davenport, Washington Post, Sep. 30

Whites wore T-shirts that said “So Sorry” and armbands labeled “Penitent.” Blacks displayed bands that said “Forgiver.” They converged yesterday on what is now the Annapolis City Dock, a spot where slaves were once bought and sold.

About 400 people joined what organizers described as a “reconciliation march” through downtown Annapolis, ending at the Maryland State House, where descendants of the slave Kunta Kinte and of auctioneer John Ridout, the man who sold him into bondage in 1767, embraced.

“Today we are here to show that we in Annapolis have the will to take persistent steps toward applying chemotherapy to that cancer, racism,” said Leonard Blackshear, president of the Kunta Kinte-Alex Haley Memorial Foundation, which helped organize the event. Kunta Kinte was memorialized in the best-selling book “Roots,” written by Haley, another descendant of the slave’s.

(Posted on September 30, 2004)
    http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives...ry_roles_r.php

Hrodland
    Ospite

Predefinito

La squallida operazione del "white guilt". Vogliono farci credere "colpevoli" per cose fatte decenni, se non secoli (come in questo caso) fa.

Tra l'altro:

1 la maggior parte degli schiavisti erano ebrei

2 i neri vendevano altri neri agli schiavisti in cambio di specchi e fucili; che critichino anche loro

3 anche i neri possedevano schiavi

4 anche i bianchi erano schiavi

L'unica cosa che ogni tanto si dice è la seconda. Ma mi sembra l'ora che siano dette anche le altre tre.

Si può iniziare con questi collegamenti (in inglese):
    http://www.solargeneral.com/library/...lyHappened.pdf
    http://www.solargeneral.com/library/...yBiography.pdf

Prossimamente metterò altri collegamenti utili.

Hrodland
    Ospite

Predefinito

Un video di un professore americano che parla del ruolo preminente degli ebrei nella compravendita di schiavi.

Il professore è nero, tra l'altro...

http://www.solargeneral.com/video/jewishslavers.wmv

email non funzionante
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito

patetico e penoso.

Ma detto tra noi che male c'è nella schiavitù?! quasi tutti i popoli l'hanno praticata nell'antichità, e molti sino al XIX secolo. C'è ancora in alcuni paesi islamici dell'Africa: Mauritania e Sudan.

Se i negri sono stati più spesso schiavi che schiavisti tanto peggio per loro!

email non funzionante
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Predefinito

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Felix
    patetico e penoso.

Ma detto tra noi che male c'è nella schiavitù?! quasi tutti i popoli l'hanno praticata nell'antichità, e molti sino al XIX secolo. C'è ancora in alcuni paesi islamici dell'Africa: Mauritania e Sudan.

Se i negri sono stati più spesso schiavi che schiavisti tanto peggio per loro!
    dovremmo dipingere di nero il corpo di molti itagliaini allora
    considerate le loro scelte politiche