frontelombardia.org
    Dèl - Brèsa | Hèmpèr Pròncc, Mìa Pòra | Europa - il Crepuscolo degli Dei
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Il "melting pot" non funziona. I franco-maghrebini rifiutano i nomi Europei.

November 15, 2008

Melting pot cracks as Muslims reject Christian names in France
    Charles Bremner and Marie Tourres in Paris

They are born in France and called Louis, Laurent or Marie but they want to become Abdel, Said or Rachida. Such requests from immigrants’ children for name changes are mounting in the French courts and worrying a state that lays store on melding a single national culture.

In a sign of a new assertiveness, children with families from Algeria, Tunisia and Morocco are reversing the old custom in which immigrants from the old colonies gave French names to their children.

Driven by a feeling that they do not belong to their Gallic Christian names, the applicants are meeting resistance from judges who are reluctant to endorse what they see as a rejection of France.

Under France’s strict administrative laws, an official change of first name requires court consent. Until 1992 parents could only register their babies with names from an approved list.

“The way I look is out of sync with my name,” said Jacques, 25, who wants to adopt a name from his parents’ native Algeria. He rejected the standard view that a French name overcomes the persisting reluctance of French employers to recruit nonwhite minorities.

“There is a double-take when I send a job application and then turn up for the interview. They hesitate, as if the person they have summoned could not be me,” he said.

There is abundant evidence that, despite antidiscrimination laws, French employers discriminate against job-seekers with foreign names. Nadine, who is in her forties, failed to convince a Paris court to let her go back to Zoubida, the name she had before naturalisation. “I want to return to my roots,” she told Judge Anne-Marie Lemarinier, according to Le Monde newspaper.

“My name change makes me feel guilt towards my family.” The judge replied: “Madame, I can understand that you want to identify with your community but the law does not have to bend to people’s moods.”

Frédéric Grilli, a Melun lawyer who acts for applicants, said that there was a connection between the desire to claim Maghebrin (North African) identity and France’s three-year-old ban against girls wearing Muslim headscarves in state schools.

Dominique Sopo, president of SOS Racism, a campaign group, said that France’s policy of integration was failing. “It rejects, stigmatises and consigns to the ghetto. This incites a retreat into community identity,” he told The Times.

“There is an enormous gap between political speeches on integration and the reality. But who can believe that changing a name can change something? It is sad to have got to that point.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5158566.ece

riassumendo, i "nuovi francesi" sono i primi a rifiutarsi di assimilare la cultura e gli usi e costumi del paese ospite, cominciando a chiedere di cambiare il nome Europeo che hanno dato loro per tornare al nome maghrebino...

Dime Can Ma No 'Talián!
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Gioàn Padàn Visualizza Messaggio
    November 15, 2008

“I want to return to my roots,”(...)
    Allora che se ne torni al paese dove ha le sue radici. Per cominciare.

Vespista.
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito

...ennesima conferma di quanto i nostri media siano super-efficaci...
    non s'è vista o sentita da nessuna parte...

Il Longobardo
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito

E ancora ti meravigli?

12° Divisione Panzer
     Likes dati
     Like avuti