Risultati da 1 a 2 di 2
    Forumista storico
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    789 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Predefinito Esattamente che tipo di biancheria intima indossi con questi vestiti?

https://www.vogue.com.au/fashion/tre...daca0ae62db835

Thanks to cut-outs, I have subjected my undergarments to estrangement. Apologies to bra fans and makers, but I’ll shirk one if a particularly salacious Christopher Esber top demands it. Same rule applies to any backless dress from the creative culprits at Sir. Hey, of all things to sacrifice at the altar of fashion, bras rank low on the priority list (let’s leave nipple shaming in the past where it belongs).
    Briefs, however, do not. But now, because of Instagram’s latest It-dress, admitting I want to keep my underwear on almost feels... prudish. Bizarre, I know, but you’ve probably seen the style everywhere too—a cap-sleeved, body-hugging wonder piece from French label Marcia, featuring the brand’s signature, helix-shaped cut-outs, running all the way down from the underarm to the hem. Completely open on both sides, save for the benevolence of a few bedazzled buttons. That means no underwear, no lace panties—not even the hint of a string on a thong. Since the dress exploded in popularity, Marcia’s cut-outs have been popularised by several designers, including LA-based label Simon Miller, which debuted a pair of leggings featuring that same, daunting, button-helixed design as part of their Stretch collection. But it’s not just that particular style that has me wondering whether I have what it takes to go commando. Cut-outs are only getting sexier, remember? That means pants that are so low-rise they form a V-shape from the hips to a point just barely above the crotch, dresses that are basically a bralette and skirt strung haphazardly together, or Y-front trousers that lie open on the hips (homegrown labels, in particular I am Gia and Dion Lee, are to be loved and feared in this regard).
    If you’re as scared-slash-intrigued as I am, try to avoid being overly hasty in casting your fears aside with that deceptive sartorial cure-all: “It’s just a trend.” Because the truth is, we’ve always had a complicated relationship with underwear. The absurd dread of the visible panty line and our desperate attempts to avoid it, for example, speak to a desire to suggest ‘briefless-ness’ that existed far before our cut-out obsession. You could also argue that it was, in fact, 1994 Liz Hurley who started this whole love affair with her iconic, safety-pinned Versace evening gown. But we’re certainly not anti-undergarment. In fact, there are pieces that speak to our wholehearted celebration of underwear. Our renewed love of corsetry and floss-tie bottoms (that resemble thongs) infer some urge to make the unseen seen—to wear our most private garments in public. A thrill, probably, that we can attribute to the cultural impact of Jean Paul Gaultier’s bustier, the curves of the bra cup reimagined as a pointed, explicitly phallic protrusion, as well as the modern red carpet’s adoration of so-called naked dresses—gowns, crafted with the illusion of complete transparency. (Rihanna in Josephine Baker-inspired Swarovski crystals, anyone?)
    As someone who’s far too afraid to go all out, it’s the illusion that I’m looking for. The same illusion that comes with other forms of “I’m not wearing underwear” underwear, like donning nipple covers or freedom bras with a backless top, or a barely-there G-string under a pair of knit leggings. Turns out, there is a type of underwear you can wear under particularly revealing dresses: a ‘strapless bikini’, though calling it something you wear is perhaps a touch liberal—it’s more like a small, thin strip you stick on over your crotch. “I love giving the secret away,” stylist Mariel Haenn shared a few years ago with Elle. “It's the most basic thing in our entire kit. It’s basically a thong that has no sides. You can buy them at any costume store. It's what they use for movie sex scenes.” Both Haenn and her colleague Rob Zangardi, however, agreed that they’re not the most comfortable: “They could work on their stickiness.”
    So where do I stand, now I know I don’t have to wear, well, nothing? Comforted, partly, with the knowledge that there’s a safety net. Also far more tempted to click buy on the Taxi dress and skirt version that’s been sitting in my online shopping cart for nigh on three months. But mostly, I want to be the kind of person who could have just worn a Marcia dress without blinking, instead of going down a rabbit-hole of hidden underwear alternatives. Ah well.

Forumista storico
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    789 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Predefinito Re: Esattamente che tipo di biancheria intima indossi con questi vestiti?

concorso cimad 2022