Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito Tradwife

https://www.today.com/parents/family...ktok-rcna67253

Every morning, Estee Williams slips on a vintage dress, styles her platinum blonde hair and applies makeup for a long day of cooking and cleaning. As a 25-year-old wife, Williams believes in submitting to and serving her husband as a traditional homemaker.
    Ultima modifica di Sheldon Cooper; 05-01-24 alle 10:59

Forumista senior
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito re: Tradwife

We believe that homes shape the culture. It’s where lessons are taught, babies are raised, and memories are made. But most importantly, it’s where values are instilled.

We believe that strong marriages rooted in Faith, build stronger families.

We believe that when women reject feminism and embrace femininity they get to experience life more fully and freely.

We believe that gender roles are not restrictive, but are craftly designed by God for both men and women, that when embraced, experience the fullness of life and a deep satisfaction that cannot be matched by culture’s interpretation of gender.

To sum it up, we strive to be God-fearing, happy homemakers.

Just because we don’t all wear long skirts, homeschool, or homestead, doesn’t negate our ability to promote the values that we hold dear.

Forumista senior
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito re: Tradwife

Forumista senior
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predefinito Re: Tradwife

Forumista senior
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://moreradiance.com/4-reasons-w...nt-wear-pants/

I have always been a “skirts” only girl.
    Soon after my parents got married, they made the choice to set high dress standards for themselves and for their children. As a baby, my mom always dressed me in little skirts and dresses. Growing up, I wore skirts, dresses, or culottes for every and all activities (pajamas, snow pants, and swim shorts were the only rare exceptions… and they didn’t last long either).
    Basically, I was always in a skirt or dress.
    Unfortunately, when I was younger, I could never share a good reason for WHY I wore skirts all the time. When friends would ask me why I was wearing a skirt, I usually gave them a lame reason like, “well, it’s what they teach at my church.”
    I knew why my mom and I wore skirts, but the standard wasn’t quite my own and I had a hard time explaining it to others.
    Now, as an adult, I know that I need to have a Bible-based reason for every standard or conviction I have.
    So now, I have Bible-based reasons for why I don’t wear pants, and I know how to share and explain them with others – including you!
    Before I jump right in and share these reasons with you, let me quick explain a few things:
    *Just because I don’t wear pants, does NOT mean I have a problem with those who do. Most of my friends and extended family members wear pants, and I am totally okay with that. Remember, I have been wearing skirts since I was a little girl, so it’s not uncommon for me to be the only lady wearing a skirt in certain settings – and that doesn’t bother me any more at all. ��
    4 Reasons Why I Don’t Wear Pants
    #1: I am Not Convinced That Pants are Totally “Modest”
    Think about the pants that most women wear. Most of them are tight, much tighter than the pants that any man would wear. Pants would cover my legs if I chose to wear them but because they are tight, they would reveal certain aspects of my body. Pants would emphasize my crotch, the size and shape of my backside, and the size and shape of my thighs. My goal in wearing modest clothing is to draw attention to my face not the lower half of my body. The size and shape of my thighs and backside is not something that I want to reveal to the people around me.
    I know some great young ladies who wear loose pants that do not reveal the size and shape of their thighs and backside but those types of pants are few and far between. Besides, most women choose not to wear loose fitting pants because they are not stylish.
    #2: Consistently Wearing Skirts or Dresses is a Distinct Christian Testimony to the World
    If a woman wears a modest skirt or dress out in public, people will notice! They will also come to the reasonable conclusion that you are different. They might even come to the assumption that you are a Christian. Consistently dressing in modest skirts and dresses is a living, walking testimony to the world.
    An old friend of my mom’s once used this illustration: If you saw two women walking down the street, one in a skirt and one wearing pants, but only one was a Christian, which one would you assume was the Christian? Most likely you would guess the woman wearing a skirt!
    There may be absolutely nothing wrong with wearing jeans but I prefer an obvious Christian testimony over a stylish, up-to date pair of jeans any day!
    #3: Skirts and Dresses are Distinctly Feminine.
    Our world is totally confused about genders. Parents are letting their children grow up and choose whether or not they want to be a boy or a girl. Women are cutting their hair short and dressing in masculine styles. What’s next? Walking out the door and seeing men walking around in skirts?
    Seriously, this world is totally confused when it comes to a person’s sexuality. I believe that what you are at birth is what you really are (in terms of gender).
    When a woman chooses to dress herself in distinct, feminine clothing, such as modest dresses and skirts, no one needs to question her sexual identity. She is unmistakably a female. I am proud of being a female created by God and I want others to know that. This is why I embrace feminine styles and feminine clothing.
    Our world’s extreme confusion about sexuality is all the more reason why Christian womenshould take a stand and embrace distinct and unquestionably feminine clothing!
    #4: Pants Were Originally Male-Only Articles of Clothing
    In Deuteronomy, God makes it very clear how He feels about men and women confusing
    gender identity and adopting the clothing styles of the opposite gender. He says…
    “The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a
    woman’s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.” Deuteronomy 22
    That’s a pretty strong verse. Many people argue that we cannot apply this verse anymore because it was written in the Old Testament, however, the theme of men and women dressing differently is seen in the New Testament principles of modesty as well.
    Obviously, our culture now accepts pants for men and women. However, pants were originally just for men. In the past, pants for men and dresses for women was a very clear distinction between the two genders. Even bathroom signs in public places still show a stick figure man and a stick figure woman in a dress.
    I believe that pants for women are one of Satan’s subtle tools to blend the two genders.
    Our culture no longer looks at pants as male-only articles of clothing but I still want to make sure that I obey the biblical principles of modesty and look as feminine as possible.
    This is why I avoid pants.

Παρρησιαστής
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

viva le tradwife
    Derjenige, welcher dem Feinde statt des Pfeiles ein Schimpfwort entgegenschleuderte, war der Begründer der Civilisation
    S. F.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
    Krishnarmurti

Forumista senior
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Dr. Gori Visualizza Messaggio
    viva le tradwife
    Grazie...sei il moderatore del forum, se trovi interessante l'argomento magari pubblicizzalo un po'

Forumista senior
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.npr.org/2024/01/28/12274...feminism-today

AYESHA RASCOE, HOST:

You might have come across the term tradwife as you scroll through your feeds.

(SOUNDBITE OF TIKTOK VIDEO)

ESTEE WILLIAMS: Another thing traditional wives love is aprons because these aprons are, like, our house uniforms. We know when we put those aprons on, we mean business. We are going to get to cooking. We are going to get to cleaning. We are going to scrub this house down.

RASCOE: Tradwife - shorthand for traditional wife - doesn't refer to your ordinary stay-at-home mom. The tradwife is eerily perfect. Her home is spotless. Her makeup is on point. She makes nearly everything from scratch, usually in a perfect dress. In short, she's straight out of a 1950s sitcom. Well, on the one hand, good for her. But on the other, what does her rising profile mean for feminism and women right now? Kathryn Jezer-Morton is a columnist for The Cut, covering family life. Welcome to the show.

KATHRYN JEZER-MORTON: Thank you for having me, Ayesha.

RASCOE: You write that you don't think tradwives pose a threat to feminism. Why do you think that?

JEZER-MORTON: I'm not sure that seeing this kind of content is going to make someone who already feels secure in their feminist identity insecure. I think it might be a little bit of a confusing influence for younger women. I think that might be more where the risk lies. But I think it's more that it divides women among ourselves.

RASCOE: What do you say to the idea that, I guess, some of these content creators are discouraging women from going to college, saying, you know, maybe you don't need to go to a university. And maybe you don't need to be financially self-sufficient. Is that harmful?

JEZER-MORTON: Definitely. I mean, I think that's a message that - it's so cynical. And especially, you know, in a time where young people are thinking in terms of college is expensive. What's the use of college? There's a lot of talk already about that, and to have this suggestion enter the mix, I think, is really - it's not a good outcome.

RASCOE: Obviously, feminism is about choice. Women who stay home to take care of their families, to take care of their homes - I mean, that's an honorable choice. But it seems like the things with these tradwives - it's not just that they're at home, right? It's that part of what they seem to be selling a little bit is this idea that maybe women don't need to work so hard. Just find you a man who will take care of you.

JEZER-MORTON: Yeah, that's the subtext underneath all of this - is that someone is providing for you financially, and you're in charge of the home. I think that the fact that it makes everything look beautiful might be really the most kind of frustrating and confusing thing about this content because those of us who have done a lot of caregiving know that, like, it's not pretty most of the time.

RASCOE: Well, one thing that stood out to me in some of the videos was that they're making these very in-depth meals, and that's great. But I'm always like, well, where are the kids? - because when I'm just doing anything in my house, and my kids - and a lot of times these women have very young children. My kids are older, and they still are like - every second, they're like, mommy, mommy. Like, I don't even - I'm like, how is this even possible?

JEZER-MORTON: Right. And so this is what really proves to us that this content is just, like, highly staged.

RASCOE: Have you heard from wives and mothers who say, you know, this is setting unrealistic expectations? - because it - I would imagine for young women who may be wanting to go into this life but also for young men who may think, well, this is what my wife should be doing, right?

JEZER-MORTON: Yeah, I mean, that's a big part of the discourse now is that it's setting unrealistic expectations. But, you know, something else that is disturbing about it to me is that it's very ahistorical. It does represent this kind of strange vision of maybe, like, 1950s housewife life that - it was never like that to begin with. And I think it's worth noting, too, that the women who are doing this kind of performance - they're all white women. You know, Black women, for example, probably wouldn't necessarily feel as easy pretending that it was the 1950s.

RASCOE: Yeah, no, no. I mean, there are some - so I guess you can say most of these women are white. There are some women of color who are engaging in some of this, but it seems like it's harkening back to a time, as you said, which is much more complex than what they're putting on.

JEZER-MORTON: Right. It's a complete fiction, a kind of "Little House On The Prairie" fantasy without any of the violent and kind of disturbing parts of that narrative and making, you know, like, a contemporary fiction out of it.

RASCOE: What do you think about this idea that we're in a time where access to abortion and reproductive health care is no longer guaranteed, and most of these tradwives do seem to be Christian conservatives? Do you think that there's a reason why this content is kind of happening at the same time there's all this talk about, you know, reproductive health care?

JEZER-MORTON: I do wonder about that - the timing of that. Yeah. I think that the success of this content is definitely related to the moment that we're living in.

RASCOE: You know, what about the male counterparts in this? I know in your article you said that, oftentimes, the men aren't necessarily on display. Or they're kind of, like, dressing. They're not necessarily the stars of the content. It's the women. But a lot of these women talk about attracting high-value men. How would you describe the male counterpart to the tradwife? Is it the alpha husband? Or - you know, certainly, that high-value thing comes up all the time. You know, what makes a person high-value?

JEZER-MORTON: Absolutely. I think it has to do with money. For the most part, it has to do with earning power. I suppose there's certainly, like, an appearance aspect - you know, certain body types, certain male stereotypes around attractiveness. And I also think that that's related, too, to the times that we're living through, related to trans rights and, like, a lot of different movements for populations that in conservative - certain conservative circles - like, it feels like a threat, and people are mobilizing. And I think that this kind of super gender-essentialist performance is in some ways a response to that.

RASCOE: That's Kathryn Jezer-Morton, columnist for The Cut. Thank you so much for speaking with us today.

JEZER-MORTON: Thank you so much for having me.

Forumista a tempo perso
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ma scrivere in italiano no, eh?Tradwife

Inviato dal mio Pixel 7 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

Forumista senior
     Likes dati
     Like avuti
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.businessinsider.com/gen-...24-1?r=US&IR=T

Sta accadendo qualcosa di strano tra gli uomini e le donne della Gen Z. Negli ultimi dieci anni, un sondaggio dopo l’altro ha rilevato che i giovani sono sempre più divisi per genere su una serie di questioni politiche. Dal 2014, le donne di età compresa tra i 18 e i 29 anni sono diventate ogni anno sempre più liberali, mentre i giovani uomini no. Oggi, le donne della Generazione Z hanno maggiori probabilità rispetto ai loro colleghi maschi di votare, di interessarsi maggiormente alle questioni politiche e di partecipare a movimenti sociali e proteste.
    Sebbene il divario di genere sia una caratteristica duratura della politica americana, in nessun momento nell’ultimo quarto di secolo si è verificata una divergenza così rapida tra le opinioni dei giovani uomini e delle donne. La sorprendente velocità del cambiamento suggerisce che sta accadendo qualcosa di più significativo dei semplici nuovi modelli demografici, come l’aumento dei tassi di istruzione o il calo dell’adesione a una religione: il cambiamento indica una sorta di evento catastrofico. Dopo aver parlato con più di 20 persone della generazione Z, io e i miei colleghi del Survey Center on American Life abbiamo scoperto che tra le donne nessun evento ha avuto più influenza sul loro sviluppo politico del movimento #MeToo.
    Nel 2017, le donne di tutto il mondo hanno iniziato a parlare delle loro esperienze di violenza e molestie sessuali. Allora i Gen Z frequentavano le scuole superiori e l’università e per loro il movimento arrivò in un momento formativo. "Fortunatamente ho avuto tutto questo sui social media per modellare il modo in cui guardo agli appuntamenti e agli uomini", ci ha detto una donna di 21 anni riguardo a #MeToo. Ha detto che le ha permesso di "utilizzare le esperienze di altre persone per creare la sensazione di alzare la guardia". Una donna di 20 anni ha offerto un punto di vista simile: #MeToo le ha dato il potere di difendersi da sola: "Penso che mi renda meno uno zerbino".
    Come ho scritto in precedenza, il movimento #MeToo ha unito politicamente le donne. Anche se le sfide che le donne devono affrontare variano notevolmente negli Stati Uniti, le molestie sessuali sono un’esperienza onnipresente che colpisce le donne a prescindere dalla classe sociale, dalla politica, dall’età e dalla razza. Otto donne su dieci affermano di essere state molestate sessualmente ad un certo punto della loro vita e affrontare questa realtà è diventato rapidamente fondamentale per le donne. Dopo l’insediamento di Donald Trump, centinaia di migliaia di donne hanno marciato su Washington nella più grande protesta di un giorno nella storia americana.
    Ma mentre le donne si mobilitavano insieme, molti uomini della Gen Z cominciavano a sentire come se la società si stesse rivoltando contro di loro. Secondo Pew, solo nel 2019 meno di un terzo dei giovani uomini ha affermato di aver subito discriminazioni, ma oggi quasi la metà dei giovani ritiene di dover affrontare almeno qualche discriminazione. In un sondaggio del 2020 condotto dall’organizzazione di ricerca PRRI, la metà degli uomini era d’accordo con l’affermazione: “Al giorno d’oggi la società sembra punire gli uomini solo perché si comportano da uomini”.
    Sembra sempre più che gli uomini e le donne della Gen Z vivano su pianeti diversi, ciascuno guidato dalla convinzione di navigare su un terreno unicamente ostile – e capire perché è fondamentale per colmare il divario.
    Il movimento #MeToo ha stabilito un senso di solidarietà tra le giovani donne. Un sondaggio condotto nel 2022 ha rilevato che due terzi delle giovani donne credono che, in quasi tutti i modi, ciò che accade alle donne negli Stati Uniti avrà un impatto sulle loro vite – un’idea nota come “destino collegato” in sociologia. Ma questo sentimento non è condiviso dalle donne anziane: solo il 36% delle donne di età superiore ai 65 anni ha affermato la stessa cosa. Questo legame si è insinuato nella politica delle donne della Gen Z, soprattutto su questioni come l’aborto. Un sondaggio che abbiamo condotto dopo il ribaltamento del caso Roe v. Wade e poco prima delle elezioni di metà mandato del 2022 ha rilevato che per le giovani donne nessuna questione conta più dell’aborto: il 61% ha affermato che si trattava di una preoccupazione critica, mentre solo il 32% dei giovani uomini ha affermato la stessa cosa. Nelle elezioni di medio termine del 2022, tutti i giovani elettori hanno sostenuto con forza i candidati democratici, ma le giovani donne hanno dimostrato un sostegno molto maggiore rispetto agli uomini.
    Anche le donne della Gen Z si sono unite intorno all’importanza della leadership e della rappresentanza femminile. Un recente sondaggio Pew ha rilevato che il 72% delle donne di età compresa tra i 18 e i 29 anni ritiene che ci siano troppo poche donne che ricoprono “alte cariche politiche”, un netto salto rispetto a circa la metà delle donne sopra i 50 anni e a meno della metà dei giovani uomini che hanno affermato la stessa cosa. . Più di sette giovani donne su dieci affermano che la mancanza di rappresentanza femminile nelle cariche politiche è dovuta al fatto che le donne sono tenute a standard più elevati rispetto agli uomini.
    Questa ritrovata solidarietà tra le donne si sta manifestando anche sul posto di lavoro. Per decenni una forte maggioranza di uomini e donne aveva riferito di una chiara preferenza per un capo uomo. Ma la percentuale di donne che hanno affermato di preferire un capo uomo è crollata di 12 punti tra il 2014 e il 2017. In quell’anno, l’anno del sondaggio più recente, la maggioranza delle donne ha riferito di preferire un capo donna per la prima volta.
    Allo stesso tempo, l’insoddisfazione delle donne per lo status quo non ha fatto altro che intensificarsi. Secondo un sondaggio Gallup, nel 2016, il 61% delle donne ha dichiarato di essere soddisfatta del modo in cui vengono trattate nella società americana. Oggi questa percentuale è scesa al 44%.
    Man mano che le priorità politiche delle donne si sono consolidate, le priorità dei giovani si sono fuse poltiglia. I sondaggi mostrano costantemente che i giovani uomini sono molto meno propensi delle donne a dire che una determinata questione è personalmente importante per loro. Da un sondaggio condotto lo scorso anno è emerso che le giovani donne hanno espresso una maggiore preoccupazione statisticamente significativa per 11 su 15 diverse questioni, tra cui la dipendenza dalla droga, la criminalità, il cambiamento climatico e la violenza armata. Non c’era una sola questione a cui i giovani uomini interessassero significativamente più delle giovani donne.
    Anche i giovani sono infelici. Per un numero crescente di persone, il femminismo ha meno a che fare con la promozione dell’uguaglianza di genere e più con il semplice attacco agli uomini. Un sondaggio del 2022 del Southern Poverty Law Center ha rilevato che il 46% degli uomini democratici sotto i 50 anni concorda sul fatto che il femminismo ha fatto più male che bene – anche più uomini repubblicani sono d’accordo. Nel nostro recente sondaggio, circa un maschio su quattro della Generazione Z ha affermato di aver subito una maggiore discriminazione di genere rispetto agli uomini più anziani. E meno della metà degli uomini della Gen Z si identifica come femminista, e solo la metà afferma di sostenere il movimento #MeToo, rispetto al 72% delle donne.
    Un giovane che abbiamo intervistato ha detto di non prestare molta attenzione a #MeToo: "Sembrava solo che ci fosse un po' di buzz intorno alle celebrità, e cose terribili accadono continuamente nel mondo. Se riflettessi, sarebbe buttarmi giù e quindi scelgo semplicemente di non prestare nemmeno attenzione." Un altro ha detto che #MeToo è semplicemente qualcosa che ha imparato da "un corso di studio per donne" al college, ma non qualcosa a cui pensa molto.
    La mancanza di interesse potrebbe essere dovuta al fatto che gli uomini della Gen Z hanno i loro problemi. Richard Reeves, il fondatore dell'American Institute for Boys and Men, ha documentato meticolosamente le sfide che affrontano i giovani uomini in America: hanno maggiori difficoltà a scuola, hanno meno probabilità delle donne di frequentare l'università e diplomarsi, hanno meno amici intimi rispetto a generazioni precedenti e hanno quattro volte più probabilità di suicidarsi rispetto alle donne. Reeves sostiene che questo stato di cose richiede di sostenere contemporaneamente due idee apparentemente contraddittorie: gli uomini ai gradini più alti della scala economica sono ancora avvantaggiati da un sistema che perpetua la disuguaglianza di genere, mentre gli uomini ai gradini più bassi della società devono affrontare sfide uniche perché loro sono uomini.
    Mentre le donne si sono rivolte a sinistra per trovare risposte ai loro problemi, gli uomini trovano sostegno a destra. Trump ha contribuito a ridefinire il conservatorismo come un’ideologia prettamente maschile, alimentando rimostranze e indirizzando la frustrazione dei giovani verso i liberali e le femministe. Ci sono segnali che il messaggio sta avendo risonanza: l’affiliazione repubblicana tra gli uomini bianchi di età compresa tra i 18 e i 24 anni è balzata dal 28% nel 2019 al 41% nel 2023, secondo un sondaggio sulla gioventù di Harvard. Al di fuori della politica, figure di destra come Andrew Tate, Elon Musk e Jordan Peterson stanno attraendo giovani in cerca di una casa ideologica.
    La maggior parte dei giovani probabilmente non è interessata a rendere di nuovo grande l’America, ma sente profondamente il bisogno di assicurarsi un posto in una cultura che identifica prontamente il vantaggio maschile ma ignora le sfide che i giovani devono affrontare. Per un senso di crescente insicurezza, sempre più giovani uomini stanno adottando una visione a somma zero dell’uguaglianza di genere: se le donne guadagnano, gli uomini inevitabilmente perderanno. È una prospettiva che le mette sulla difensiva, le incoraggia a ignorare o trascurare le sfide durature che le donne affrontano nella società e può persino stimolare la misoginia. Come ha detto a Pew un uomo di 35 anni nel 2022 riguardo a #MeToo: "Troppe persone approfittano di una situazione seria perché è di moda o sono avide o semplicemente vogliono attenzione". E questo atteggiamento ha conseguenze nel mondo reale: nel mondo dei giochi online, il 75% delle donne della generazione Z ha riferito di aver subito molestie.
    Una statistica spesso citata che trasmette la perdurante assurdità del divario di genere è che fino a poco tempo fa c’erano più amministratori delegati chiamati John che amministratori delegati donne. Nella maggior parte dei settori, dalla politica al mondo accademico, nella società americana gli uomini continuano a controllare più risorse, guadagnano salari più alti e godono di maggiore prestigio. Ma pochi giovani hanno esperienza nei consigli di amministrazione, e in classe sono le loro coetanee a schiacciarla.
    Ma entrambi i sessi si sentono sempre più precari e ciò li sta allontanando ulteriormente. Un recente editoriale del Washington Post lamentava ciò che questo crescente divario politico significa per gli appuntamenti e il matrimonio: se gli uomini e le donne della generazione Z non riescono a mettersi d'accordo sulla politica, diventerà più difficile per loro trovare un partner. Ma se non altro, questo minimizza il problema. Dalle nostre interviste risulta che sia tra i giovani uomini che tra le donne c’è un desiderio crescente di incolpare gli uni gli altri i propri problemi. E una società in cui uomini e donne vedono i propri interessi come irrevocabilmente opposti non può durare.

Pagina 1 di 2 12 UltimaUltima

Tag per Questa Discussione

Permessi di Scrittura

• Tu non puoi inviare nuove discussioni
  • Tu non puoi inviare risposte
  • Tu non puoi inviare allegati
  • Tu non puoi modificare i tuoi messaggi
  •  
[Rilevato AdBlock]

Per accedere ai contenuti di questo Forum con AdBlock attivato
devi registrarti gratuitamente ed eseguire il login al Forum.

Per registrarti, disattiva temporaneamente l'AdBlock e dopo aver
fatto il login potrai riattivarlo senza problemi.

Se non ti interessa registrarti, puoi sempre accedere ai contenuti disattivando AdBlock per questo sito