PDA

Visualizza Versione Completa : T is for Traitor-NeoCons,meet your accusers.

polarbear
26-05-10, 04:08
T Is For Traitor
NeoCons, Meet
Your Accusers
By Douglas Herman
douglasherman7@yahoo.com
Exclusive to Rense.com
10-9-5

"Treason. noun. Criminal act of betraying one's country as defined in Article II section 3 of the U.S. Constitution."

"They are the so-called neo-cons, or neo-conservatives. A compact group, almost all of whose members are Jewish. They hold the key positions in the Bush administration, as well as in the think-tanks that play an important role in formulating American policy and the ed-op pages of the influential newspapers." -Uri Avnery

The Night After: The Easier the Victory, the Harder the Peace

Charley Reese and Paul Craig Roberts are just a couple of aging, American conservatives and syndicated columnists. Same for David Ray Griffin, a theologian and author. Same for decorated veterans, Craig Roberts and Stan Goff. Same for Cindy Sheehan and Sibel Edmunds and Colleen Rowley, just a handful of hardworking women with huge consciences.

What do these fine men and women, conservatives all, have in common? They are the conscience of the country at the moment. They are the most vocal opponents to the Neocon, New World Order plot, the bravest critics of the treason that the plotters in power inflict on America. And not afraid to say so in so many words.

"In discussing my second 9/11 book, The 9/11 Commission Report: Omissions and Distortions," said David Ray Griffin, "one of my points has been that the entire (Kean)Report is constructed in support of one big lie: that the official story about 9/11 is true... I concluded my study of what I came to call "the Kean-Zelikow Report' by writing that it, 'far from lessening my suspicions about official complicity, has served to confirm them. Why would the minds in charge of this final report engage in such deception if they were not trying to cover up very high crimes?'"

According to Charley Reese: "Perle, Feith and Wurmser joined other neocons in the Bush administration. Perle was especially vocal in pushing the war on Iraq. They had two pretexts: the attack of Sept. 11, even though Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with it, and the mythical weapons of mass destruction....At a cost of $200 billion and nearly 1,000 American lives (Now 2,000+) Israel did achieve its 'strategic objective in its own right' removing Saddam from power."

Added Reese, in his column, AIPAC's Power, or America's Cowardice? "I have long since given up the hope that Americans would wake up and resent the manipulation of their government by a foreign country." Treason anyone?

Probably the most compelling and outspoken conservative is Paul Craig Roberts, former Reagan Cabinet member. Roberts accuses the neocons of treason outright: "The neocons have declared America at war with 1 billion Muslims who have done us no harm. Simultaneously, the neocons destroyed our traditional alliances. Instead of isolating a terrorist enemy, neocons have isolated America."

Wreckers at work, happily profitting from the destruction. Treason defined.

The 9-11 Attack, Iraq War, WMDs? Ideally, the free press should perform the investigative task but they,ve abdicated their responsibility and have been willing accomplices to a series of Crimes of The Century for the last, well, century.

Traitors, like cockroaches, love the shadows. Unlike cockroaches, traitors pretend to be true patriots while working behind the scenes, plotting the overthrow and demise of their country.

And who are the betrayed? Well you and I for now, and our grandchildren later. For the last two centuries though, the betrayed are those restless spirits in ten thousand graves scattered around the country.

They sleep in Fredericksburg and Gettysburg and Arlington Cemetery, too. They lie in Normandy and Pearl Harbor and the airborne dust of the WTC. They repose in ten thousand small town cemeteries scattered around the country. Their names are inscribed in granite and marble, cast in bronze, etched in black monuments, eroded on slate or stamped into stumps of stone, lying in myriad, overgrown, forgotten cemeteries in America.

They are the ones, hallowed as heroes, who trusted their leaders a little too much. Put their lives on the line. Slept in mud and snow. Ate badly and slept worse, longing for home. They are all around, unsettled, wondering what-the-hell-happened to the republic they were told they were fighting and dying to preserve.

Curious how the most vehement, impassioned opponents of the new American imperialism, the open, unapologetic version, are mostly former Republican party members. Conservatives who sense a betrayal, they loudly and bravely mince no words, pull no punches. They are the canaries in the coal mine whose timbers are cracking.

Traitors, meet thy accusers.

At least the living ones.
The dead intend to meet you later.

The opponent party, the moribund Democratic Party resembles an unburied carcass, one of those cavalry horses one sees in old Civil War photos. The bloated corpse is an ass in this case, and aside from one black Congresswoman from Georgia, Cynthia McKinney, perhaps the only lifeblood in the Democratic Party remains at the grassroots level.

But hell hath no fury like a hurricane ignored or a Conservative betrayed. The Greek philosopher, Diogenes, once said: "I am like a dog: I fawn on those I love; I bark at those I hate; and I sink my teeth into scoundrels. While our country is under attack by a series of idealogues, vigilance and opposition in the manner of Diogenes is the due course of action.

Again Paul Craig Roberts asks, "Will neocon fanaticism destroy America?---Stalemated in Iraq, the White House moron intends to attack two more countries."

Treason flies many flags, often under a single banner. The most famous pirates in history rarely approached the structural theft, bloodthirstiness or blatant hypocrisy of their modern counterpart. Simply put, most governments and their leaders fly the black flag but pretend to defend the greater good. Nothing could be more false or potentially fatal.

Who does this war-without-end benefit? Not you and me. "We invaded Iraq to have a war," wrote professor Brian Foley in The Profit-Driven War. "We had a war because there are powerful interests in our country that are geared toward making money from war."

War--while not in itself treasonous, for self-defense--is worth billions to war makers. The Middle East War(s) will likely bankrupt"both morally and economically"this nation. What better definition of treason?

Any "criminal act of betraying one's country" is definable as treason. You listening George? You hear Dick? You understand Chertoff? (Notice that many neocons hold dual citizenship). You comprehend Rummy, Rice, Rove, Wolfowitz, Myers, Ashcroft, Giuliani, Gonzales, Kean, Clinton? Maybe you can escape justice in this world--your type always does--but those you betrayed await you in the next.
_____

Amateur historian and USAF veteran, Douglas Herman writes regularly for Rense and is the author of the provocative suspense novel Guns of Dallas

Disclaimer

Email This Article

MainPage
Jeff Rense Program (http://www.rense.com)

This Site Served by TheHostPros